Monday, January 17, 2011

I see you.

My heart drowns in icy-cold dread and anticipation. Every pace forward feels heavy, almost dream-like and I hasten them against my own will

You are sitting at a table, seemingly oblivious, or
walking languorously in my direction

Don't talk. Don't look. Don't smile. Just walk

I am so near you now.

You see me too.
We meet each other's gazes, for the fraction of a second,
and then quickly I tear mine away
maybe the same time you tear yours away too

but I know you know I see you.

We can still see each other from the corners of our eyes, or maybe it is just me

but we keep walking
and walking
and leaving
and soon
it is over.

afterward, there is only the slight, painful afterthought;

when will our paths cross again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home