Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tuition was cancelled today, and for once I feel amazingly free. I did watch Hana Yori Dango Korean version last night and this morning, but because there's no more episodes left for me to devour, I'm planning to be productive and do as much homework as possible for the rest of today. On Monday, I'll finally go to school without yelling "SHIT I NEED TO DO _____", or "HAHAHAHA I HAVEN'T DONE _____."

(/Edit) Argh shit, I fell asleep while studying EGeog and wasted my day away. Oh well, at least I still have tonight... And this post took almost 8 hours to post since I AFK-ed for a long, long time. 8D

I also need to study Egeog, NATURAL VEGETATION. For my test on Monday. ;_; Sec4 seems to be stuffed with tests every single day... But I MIGHT BE WATCHING PONYO SOON, VERY SOON, FINALLY!!!

Japanese class was... very boring on Friday. Luckily there was Zhiyi sitting beside me being her usual retarded self and scrawling "DEBORAH CRUSH ME" all over my diary. We talked and talked for very long and learnt nothing nearing the end of the lesson, but admittedly I prefer Tan (by a lot). ;_;

Anywhey, I can finally get on with my Japan posts, and brainstorm for my pathetic Commonwealth which I still haven't the faintest idea of a plot line for.

I like the idea of train tracks, though... Not the MRT type of train tracks, but more of the open air type in other countries that gives you a nostalgic feeling of farewell, departure. Sadly, they like local flavour, so I'll have to come up with something else (hopefully).

Tracks...........

JAPAN Day 4, Shopping

We went to a shopping area with lots of factory outlets so everything was much cheaper. It was fairly entertaining, but the kids were bored to death... This is my meimei being bored. We were in a bagel shop where we ate yummy bagels for lunch. My chair fell over 3 times in a row; I think it was because of me hanging my bag on the back of the chair. -_o So when I stood up, it'd topple backwards immediately.

Photobucket

In a changing room~ (No - accidental comments about my appearance for once)

Photobucket

The winds were really strong, but fun and refreshing; I didn't even wear my winter coat 8D

Photobucket

Stairway to Heaven?

Photobucket

Shopping place

Photobucket

Famous jap dude on a magazine; I forgot his name but my older sister screamed it and we both died laughing and took a picture for no reason.

Photobucket

Sister + Ferris Wheel (on the way back to the hotel)

Photobucket

We had a tempura dinner and everyone was tired and bored waiting, especially my meimei who was extremely irritated by the shopping trip because she found it too boring. The food was good though.

Photobucket

My meimei's soft toys + random stuff were arranged on the bed in this manner when we returned to the hotel. Wall-E and EVE side by side!

Photobucket

Before going to sleep; I think I was getting tired from reading too much Harry Potter aloud and my meimei got bored... So we decided to play with the camera! My mum refused to play with us so we were lonely and went mad ourselves. (I think I look like my younger sister from this angle because my face looks squished and rounder - NOT THAT HER FACE IS SQUISHED but it's round O_O and I see the random camera strap & Wall-E's wheels poking out underneath my meimei.)

Photobucket

We unearthed him afterward and wanted to play with Eve too but she was GONE. Turned out my mum was squashing her. They slept not long later, but I think I stayed up really late and crept back to my room...

Japan DAY 5, Deer at Nara

On that day, we went deer-feeding at Nara, if I'm not wrong! Deer roamed freely about and we could feed them with special Deer Biscuits which they stampeded towards once they saw them. We had to take train and walk quite a bit, so...

On the train, my sister snapped shots of the scenery whisking past us,

Photobucket

Photobucket

And while walking to the Deer Park,

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can pay to sit this, and (strong) men actually pull you along.

Photobucket

And then we finally entered the humble abode of the deer. The air didn't stink, but the ground looked... well. Poo pellets and gravel and pebbles all mixed together.

Photobucket

Some dude threw food at the deer and they immediately rushed towards him. He ducked away into the wooden hut at the side before they could start butting him from every corner.

Photobucket

We walked on and on towards the temple with a lot more deer...

Photobucket

There were a few deer here and there along the way, so we posed randomly with them~

Photobucket

The pathway looked (and felt) a bit like something out of a fairytale,

Photobucket

Then we had a toilet break; the toilets were amazingly clean as usual despite being outdoor, and my sister came up with the brilliant idea of feeding the deer leaves since they eat everything (including a tissue from my side pocket when I wasn't looking). They rejected yucky-tasting leaves though

Photobucket

We crowded around a deer and force fed him juicy green leaves we picked off from the ground,

Photobucket

It accepted my leaf. 8D

Photobucket

Encountered more deer on the way

Photobucket

Photobucket

I never found out what these little stone houses were; maybe for housing spirits? They always seem to be in shrouded in moss, so Spirited Away-ish and surreal

Photobucket

We wanted to catch the mist billowing from our mouths on camera, but failed (It was very, very cold, so cold that my fingers hurt because I didn't bring gloves & was too busy collecting leaves to care much anyway =/)

Photobucket

(Random Insert; I'm watching TV now and Mr. Bean's using a credit card to spread butter on his slices of bread which he used scissors to cut. HAHAHA he sneezed and everything flew out from his hands and the guy beside him gave him his sandwich with a disgusted look after watching his... struggle with preparing food)

Clear drinking water trickled from the deer's mouth ~

Photobucket

There were more deer around this area and they began nuzzling our jackets/bags/Domo-kun for food, because we all had deer biscuits crammed in our pockets

Photobucket

The little stone houses stretched on and on... there were many, many

Photobucket

Photobucket

My mum developed a penchant for taking pictures of us with stone houses

Photobucket

I don't think you can tell, but the four of us were trying to pose coolly. My brother's idea of a cool pose was bending double with deer biscuits clutched in his hands.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Being a noob, my brother got tired and complained till my father offered to piggyback him because he was whining too much.

Photobucket

Nearing the temple area, there were deer everywhere so my father bought more deer biscuits for us... The deer approached from behind...

Photobucket

And in order to save himself from the overwhelming numbers which rushed towards him and BUTTED HIM with their heads from every corner, he had to toss all the deer biscuits away 'cause he couldn't get to us... ;_;

Photobucket

Big scary statue really near the temple,

Photobucket

We saw a deer with an eye encased in cataracts; he was blind in this eye.

Photobucket

The colour of the maple (?) trees was beautiful; the red leaves looked so warm and beautiful in the cold of winter, (LOOK AT MY BROTHER'S RARE DISPLAYS OF AFFECTION FOR MY MEIMEI)

Photobucket

More lovely, warm, red scenery...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then we finally approached the outskirts of the temple,

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's supposedly the largest wooden structure in Japan. 8D We were posing in the middle of nowhere, and my grandpa looked bemused; I think he was rushing into the picture!

Photobucket

Inside the temple, there was an enormous statue of Buddha which towered to the tall ceiling,

Photobucket

One of the huge plated petals the Buddha statue was sitting on, with intricate carving all over,

Photobucket

Photobucket

The staircase behind was almost vertical, it went all the way up into a hole in the ceiling and looked ancient.

Photobucket

My brother posing very coolly beside... argh I don't know what it is - outside the temple.

Photobucket

Fairytale-like scenes are everywhere in this place.

Photobucket

Deja vu

Photobucket

We headed to a Teppanyaki place for lunch, which was delicious!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we didn't do much else for the rest of the day; shopped a bit, then headed back to the hotel.

I should do my Commonwealth and finish up my Egeog now...


CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK OHHHH YES. <3


Sometimes I think some old songs will always be beautiful, no matter how many times I listen to them.

If you get there before I do, don't give up on me,
I'll meet you when my chores are through,
I don't know how long I'll be.
But I'm not gonna let you down -
Darling, wait and see.
And between now and then, till I see you again,
I'll be loving you;
Love, me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home