I miss blogging.
I miss having a fixed classroom,
ending school at latest, 7,
singing in an all girls' choir,
talking to best friends everyday
mass last minute studying with classmates for daily common tests
I miss the security and warmth of steady friendships,
and having something special to look forward to every Monday and Wednesday
sometimes Saturday, sometimes Sunday
something that meant so much to me,
but is blanketed over now
I miss hiding receipts,
finding hidden ones
"Just 5 seconds? Please? 4? 3?"
and the following
secret clutch of hands
I miss the playground
littered leaves and grains of soil that
lay quietly on the slide
the small children who
came (come?) often
I miss running my fingers through ---
I miss
the unexplainable, inexplicable, surging, hoping, falling, feelings
that used to lace my life
Now I no longer wait,
but I miss missing you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home