I was squeezing LehLin's hand and squinting through my half-squeezed-shut eyes in immense fear as the lady announcing the results stood in front of the extreme left of the stage, mic poised in hand.
"Choir No. 60, CHIJ St Nicholas Girls' School," she began.
I shut my eyes and bent my head down, praying, hoping.
"Gold with Honours."
SNchoirgirls (Despite warnings of not being supposed to scream too loudly): "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Lehlin and Baybay and Subin burst into tears while I grinned till the edges of my mouth ached and tears welled up in my eyes and every single emotion was choked up somewhere around my nasal passage. I was so happy everything just crashed down and piled up behind my nose and I couldn't cry and the tears only dampened my eyes but I had never felt so much satisfaction and joy in my entire life. I kept squealing and smiling and laughing and hugging and I went so mad.
Gold with Honours. We'd done it. Every single secret house practise, gruelling hours of singing, dejection and disappointment, torn scores, repeated playings of pitchy notes, fear, determination, scoldings, tears - EVERYTHING WE'VE GONE THROUGH HAD LED UP TO THIS. God had been with us all along, all the time, guiding and leading us, giving me confidence as I whistled that note as steadily as I could, recited my part as smoothly and Slovenian-ly as best as I could. Barely any stage fright ruined me and I sang with the music, sang with my heart, feeling strangely detached from the world and immersing myself in the performance.
I love SNChoir. I love Miss Lim. (without her, we would have never, ever been able to reach this standard. She's done so much for us.) I love the teachers (not all the time, but still). I love our whiteboard, our chopin room, our bach room, the furry carpeted floor, my rotten, tattered scores.
Even if I had another choice of CCA, I would never reject Choir.
This time, unlike 2 years ago, the announcer didn't pause between "Gold" and "with Honours". When I heard the "w" beginning of the "WITH", I was squealing inwardly and when she finished announcing, we just screamed my guts out for about six seconds till we died down and all realised we were drowning out the announcer. I was so happy I didn't listen to the rest of the results, just squealed and hugged and grinned and laughed and savoured the happiness, the moment.
Had a sorta celebration dinner with the Sec3s/4s after that; sadly we separated and Sec4s went to Burger King. Gayed around and left by 8 because I had a curfew...
Went home, replied floods of SMSes, flopped on the bed and slept. Thanks so much to everyone who wished me good luck and congratulated us for the GwH!!! Blue badges batch have bagged 3 GwH so far. 8)
Today, Abii, LehLin and I went for Free Cone Day at Dhoby Gaut and we lined up for 40 mins. The queue stretched along 2 stories, which was highly amusing, but it was a mini-celebration for GwH too and we had a lot of fun just being gay. Even queuing wasn't boring 'cause we were talking so much~
And now for my Birthday ThankYou LIST!!! (I am in a WOOOHOOOmood thus the desire to finally blog)
Thankyou so much, everyone who smsed me to wish me happy birthday~:
AbiiChua (Edward~), Belindie (Rosalie~), Clement, Dawnie, Gilaine, Gloria Koay, Hazey Lau, HuaiChyn (Her HappyLitSem sms was awesome -_-), Jingyi, Joey, Josie, Kai Jun, Kingchi, Kinnear, LehLin, Lynette Gohhh, Maria Mama, Mellopoopoo, Meri, Mr Lin (MY AWESOME MATHS TUITION TEACHER), Rachel Sim, Retard, Tianyi, Wk, Yk, Zhiyi
And thank you so much:
- My PARENTS for holding the expensive (And super duper tasty) Brazilian Buffet Dinner in lieu of my birthday + Cakes!!! Brazilian dudes sang a Brazilian birthday song and I was trying to hide as the restaurant full of rich perfumed people stared at me. )8 BUT IT WAS A WONDERFULLLL DINNER, SO STUFFED AFTER THAT!
-My older sister for the pretty shirt. 8)
-My cousin Sarah for the big beautiful bag, 2 sets of clothes and Inkheart and Inkspell!
-My cousin Beatrice for the lovely cute bag and shirt!
-Tsang, for the adorable bear Lynette kept molesting in class... ("Omg, look at your butt, so cute (cups bear's butt with hands)... WHY CAN'T YOUR STOMACH BE FATTER!!!?!??!!")
-Retard, for the stupid sotong which has been (undeservably) given a place of honour on my pencilbox. )8
-Baybay (& Retard) for the super adorable pouch I'm using obsessively now <3
-Lynette, Gloria, Zhuang Yun and Josie for the really pretty notebook and cute artsy tumbler!!!
-Shinny, for treating me to Macs Breakfast that morning! 8)
-Abii, for the retarded cardholder, beautiful paper-mached card with embarrassing photos and lovely letter inside and future plushie! 8D
-Hiuhiu, for the beautiful, sweet letter and pouch!!!
-Jing, Leryee, Mama, Abii for the EXPENSIVE (I SAW THE RECEIPT) Newyork Newyork lunch~!
-Belindie, for the beautifully detailed photograph book with glossy developed photos and the letter of love ~~!
-Huaichynny for the cute, pretty card and future baked cake~!
-Yiling for the extremely nice drawings (AHEM EDWARD AND BELLAAA) and beaaautiful letter and pretty coloured cross keychain!
-SNCHOIR for the singing of Happy Birthday and the wishes!
-RANDOM CLASSMATES (Oh dear, I forgot who; only remembered Lynette tousling my hair crazily in the midst; I think it was mainly Lynette singing -_-) for the bouts of singing too after Lit Sem!
-ALL WHO WISHED ME THAT DAY!!!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee happpy happy 16th, thank you guys so much for making it so brilliantly awesome... Now for NC16 movies, into which I probably will still be banned from unless they check my IC for legitimacy. -_-
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOLD WITH HONOURS.
I cannot get over it - SO, so happy.
"Choir No. 60, CHIJ St Nicholas Girls' School," she began.
I shut my eyes and bent my head down, praying, hoping.
"Gold with Honours."
SNchoirgirls (Despite warnings of not being supposed to scream too loudly): "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Lehlin and Baybay and Subin burst into tears while I grinned till the edges of my mouth ached and tears welled up in my eyes and every single emotion was choked up somewhere around my nasal passage. I was so happy everything just crashed down and piled up behind my nose and I couldn't cry and the tears only dampened my eyes but I had never felt so much satisfaction and joy in my entire life. I kept squealing and smiling and laughing and hugging and I went so mad.
Gold with Honours. We'd done it. Every single secret house practise, gruelling hours of singing, dejection and disappointment, torn scores, repeated playings of pitchy notes, fear, determination, scoldings, tears - EVERYTHING WE'VE GONE THROUGH HAD LED UP TO THIS. God had been with us all along, all the time, guiding and leading us, giving me confidence as I whistled that note as steadily as I could, recited my part as smoothly and Slovenian-ly as best as I could. Barely any stage fright ruined me and I sang with the music, sang with my heart, feeling strangely detached from the world and immersing myself in the performance.
I love SNChoir. I love Miss Lim. (without her, we would have never, ever been able to reach this standard. She's done so much for us.) I love the teachers (not all the time, but still). I love our whiteboard, our chopin room, our bach room, the furry carpeted floor, my rotten, tattered scores.
Even if I had another choice of CCA, I would never reject Choir.
This time, unlike 2 years ago, the announcer didn't pause between "Gold" and "with Honours". When I heard the "w" beginning of the "WITH", I was squealing inwardly and when she finished announcing, we just screamed my guts out for about six seconds till we died down and all realised we were drowning out the announcer. I was so happy I didn't listen to the rest of the results, just squealed and hugged and grinned and laughed and savoured the happiness, the moment.
Had a sorta celebration dinner with the Sec3s/4s after that; sadly we separated and Sec4s went to Burger King. Gayed around and left by 8 because I had a curfew...
Went home, replied floods of SMSes, flopped on the bed and slept. Thanks so much to everyone who wished me good luck and congratulated us for the GwH!!! Blue badges batch have bagged 3 GwH so far. 8)
Today, Abii, LehLin and I went for Free Cone Day at Dhoby Gaut and we lined up for 40 mins. The queue stretched along 2 stories, which was highly amusing, but it was a mini-celebration for GwH too and we had a lot of fun just being gay. Even queuing wasn't boring 'cause we were talking so much~
And now for my Birthday ThankYou LIST!!! (I am in a WOOOHOOOmood thus the desire to finally blog)
Thankyou so much, everyone who smsed me to wish me happy birthday~:
AbiiChua (Edward~), Belindie (Rosalie~), Clement, Dawnie, Gilaine, Gloria Koay, Hazey Lau, HuaiChyn (Her HappyLitSem sms was awesome -_-), Jingyi, Joey, Josie, Kai Jun, Kingchi, Kinnear, LehLin, Lynette Gohhh, Maria Mama, Mellopoopoo, Meri, Mr Lin (MY AWESOME MATHS TUITION TEACHER), Rachel Sim, Retard, Tianyi, Wk, Yk, Zhiyi
And thank you so much:
- My PARENTS for holding the expensive (And super duper tasty) Brazilian Buffet Dinner in lieu of my birthday + Cakes!!! Brazilian dudes sang a Brazilian birthday song and I was trying to hide as the restaurant full of rich perfumed people stared at me. )8 BUT IT WAS A WONDERFULLLL DINNER, SO STUFFED AFTER THAT!
-My older sister for the pretty shirt. 8)
-My cousin Sarah for the big beautiful bag, 2 sets of clothes and Inkheart and Inkspell!
-My cousin Beatrice for the lovely cute bag and shirt!
-Tsang, for the adorable bear Lynette kept molesting in class... ("Omg, look at your butt, so cute (cups bear's butt with hands)... WHY CAN'T YOUR STOMACH BE FATTER!!!?!??!!")
-Retard, for the stupid sotong which has been (undeservably) given a place of honour on my pencilbox. )8
-Baybay (& Retard) for the super adorable pouch I'm using obsessively now <3
-Lynette, Gloria, Zhuang Yun and Josie for the really pretty notebook and cute artsy tumbler!!!
-Shinny, for treating me to Macs Breakfast that morning! 8)
-Abii, for the retarded cardholder, beautiful paper-mached card with embarrassing photos and lovely letter inside and future plushie! 8D
-Hiuhiu, for the beautiful, sweet letter and pouch!!!
-Jing, Leryee, Mama, Abii for the EXPENSIVE (I SAW THE RECEIPT) Newyork Newyork lunch~!
-Belindie, for the beautifully detailed photograph book with glossy developed photos and the letter of love ~~!
-Huaichynny for the cute, pretty card and future baked cake~!
-Yiling for the extremely nice drawings (AHEM EDWARD AND BELLAAA) and beaaautiful letter and pretty coloured cross keychain!
-SNCHOIR for the singing of Happy Birthday and the wishes!
-RANDOM CLASSMATES (Oh dear, I forgot who; only remembered Lynette tousling my hair crazily in the midst; I think it was mainly Lynette singing -_-) for the bouts of singing too after Lit Sem!
-ALL WHO WISHED ME THAT DAY!!!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee happpy happy 16th, thank you guys so much for making it so brilliantly awesome... Now for NC16 movies, into which I probably will still be banned from unless they check my IC for legitimacy. -_-
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOLD WITH HONOURS.
I cannot get over it - SO, so happy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home