comparison
When I say that I think I would fail, or do very badly, it is because I really believe it.
My grades are my own, and I fall short of my own expectations.
So when it is said that by saying such things that I am being insensitive, isn't it because people are comparing with my grades? If they did not, they wouldn't give a damn about me claiming that I would do badly. They wouldn't feel angry or pissed off.
So I am only insensitive when people compare. When people don't, what I say wouldn't matter.
But the sad truth is, people always compare, even the closest of friends. Hence, I am always insensitive.
The best thing is, I've fallen short of my expectations due to poor time management and stress and many other things like lack of confidence, crying everyday from pressure. And now all I can do is bottle up everything. I am not doing well. I just do marginally better than a few people around me. So it's difficult to clam up my worries, but I have to, because people compare, and thus I am being insensitive if I speak too much.
I am still far from success. I have failed myself. But the worst thing is I have to bother about being insensitive, because people inevitably compare.
I wish people didn't compare. My life would be a much simpler place.
My grades are my own, and I fall short of my own expectations.
So when it is said that by saying such things that I am being insensitive, isn't it because people are comparing with my grades? If they did not, they wouldn't give a damn about me claiming that I would do badly. They wouldn't feel angry or pissed off.
So I am only insensitive when people compare. When people don't, what I say wouldn't matter.
But the sad truth is, people always compare, even the closest of friends. Hence, I am always insensitive.
The best thing is, I've fallen short of my expectations due to poor time management and stress and many other things like lack of confidence, crying everyday from pressure. And now all I can do is bottle up everything. I am not doing well. I just do marginally better than a few people around me. So it's difficult to clam up my worries, but I have to, because people compare, and thus I am being insensitive if I speak too much.
I am still far from success. I have failed myself. But the worst thing is I have to bother about being insensitive, because people inevitably compare.
I wish people didn't compare. My life would be a much simpler place.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home