New resolution for the rest of the year:
To faithfully reply every single sms that requires a reply and stop ignoring smses;
because at times, the people who send you those smses aren't really priority and you tend to overlook them or forget to reply (especially without the convenience of a chat log since I'm using an antique for a phone), but other times, when they do become priority and you feel like talking to them, they're not there anymore. They forget and overlook you, like how you forgot and overlooked them at times, and you know it.
You become the one ignored; and I realised how shitty it feels, even though that person may not be someone very close to me. At least that person was someone I enjoyed talking to and who seemed to enjoy listening to me. Why did I not maintain the friendship when I should have; why did I forget to reply so often? The sms would get shoved down the list in my inbox and I simply forget, but now, there's no more sms for me to forget about. That person was a good friend, and I regret losing more and more friends in my life just because I stop making the effort. I was paranoid, which made me try to distance myself from that person, but now, when I realise there's nothing to be scared about, I'm prompted to restart conversations, to try to be as close as I was to that person, but now I'm not really needed anymore
and even though I was never really emotionally close to that person, it still feels shitty knowing I've lost a friend who could have been a really good source of support.
That's it, I'm going to change my ways, treasure the people who deem me as important, and stop letting friends slip away. At this rate, I'm going to have no one else to depend on in the future. So I'm turning over a new leaf and GOING TO MAKE A HUGE EFFORT TO REPLY EVERY SINGLE PERSON BY THE END OF THE DAY.
No more growing distant from wonderful people whom I've had the opportunities to keep them in my life, but I missed them all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home