I made a tumblr!!! Exactly the same url cuz I feel quite attached to it somehow. Used it for 6 years!!! And having two blogs is kinda fun, especially when I feel like one becomes too public, the other can be used for more privacy.
http://www.incognito-lies.tumblr.com :)
Our Semifinals performance for music fest was screwed up and laughable. We really should have hunted a microphone place down -_- Our practices actually sounded quite good but somehow I couldn't really hear myself or my rhythm on the mic -_------ And we stood too far apart so it was very difficult to listen to each other except through the speakers =x We sounded terribly messy I think. The PT was a huge disadvantage to us since we had no instruments AND no prior performance experience AND we were the only acapella group. I guess we also wouldn't have fared well in the PT for finals anyway so it's a blessing in disguise =x
But I really, honestly had FREAKING A LOT OF FUN doing all the last minute practice with my group. We kept laughing and crapping and I really felt accepted and welcomed. :) Sugar Content was the best acapella group I would ever have the opportunity to join and contribute to. It was the process that really mattered and it's something I will never forget :)
I guess we also don't deserve getting in based on effort and hours wasted practicing. We, uh, only finalised our SONGS 2 days before the performance, and practised for about less than 6 hours in total for the semifinals. Not even in one day. IN TOTAL. HAHAHAHAHA
So honestly it was more of a good and fruitful experience. Acapella groups are really fun. I need to learn how to sing better though =x And listen out more through the mic. Lack of experience was a horrible hindrance...
I don't know why but I woke up with a horrible, disappointed, sour feeling in my stomach. I guess because it was partly my fault we screwed up, although I have to blame some of that on my incompetence at adapting to the PT acoustics and not being able to hear myself or my rhythm properly. =( But I'm sure if we had been allowed a dry run or something we could've pulled it off on stage and not just in a classroom with good acoustics!!! So it feels quite sian KNOWING we didn't do our best, and if we did, what would have been the outcome?
But it's okay, I've more time to study now, :) And I became closer to the people in my group after the whole experience. It was really very fun and I learnt a lot. We just need to have more experience and become more professional.
And I want to learn beatboxing really badly. HAHAHAHAHAHAA
Yep, Sugar Content, thank you guys so so much for giving me this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sing in an acapella group. It was a very wonderful and unforgettable experience. One day we'll make a youtube channel (when we're more professional with pro recording devices and filming and video editing skills) and wow the world. HAHAHAHAHAHA or we can just do it for fun and be retards and see if we attract anyone's attention. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home