Monday, May 04, 2009

HEH HEH HEH.

I finished A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS OVER THE WEEKEND, at the expense of my A Maths, (Which I really hope I'll do better for as compared to the previous, horrible test) and it is SUPER BRILLIANT AND FANTASTIC TOO.

Some *Ahem* scenes though... At least it wasn't exactly graphic~


The book was about 2 females who struggled through their entire lives and overcame many horrible obstacles, like *@&!%^!@%war, abusive husbands and loss of loved ones... It made me feel extremely sad for the people of Afghanistan, for Khaled Hosseini (I have his name memorised 8D) described in detail the state of Kabul in war, how bombs could drop randomly on people's houses and kill them at any second, how thousands of families were ruthlessly torn apart and ruined, how every Afghanistani had lost at least 1 loved one, how every single one of them had tragic tales to tell.

Made me feel so lucky to be living happily and freely. At least one of the characters met with a good ending... The love inside the story was more romantic and sweeter than in Kite Runner, and the emotions were as powerful too, but I think Kite Runner was better because the friendship in it was more raw, more personal, something everyone could relate to.

I shall consume the rest of my untouched, new books over the weekend. Inkheart, Inkspell, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Princess Diaries 10 (I need to find the 9th one, just realised I HAVEN'T READ IT so when I read the first few pages of the 10th I was completely clueless about everything that was going on), and and and I hope there're more hidden, good books in my shelves like A Thousand Splendid Suns like I always thought sucked but turned out incredibly good.

WHOOOOOOOOOOHOOO!!!

Reading has crushed all the time I should've used for writing compos. I probably owe about 10 compos but... sigh, the books make me feel too lousy to begin typing.

So I went to cut my hair on Saturday, which devoured the later half of my afternoon because the hairdressers took a long, long time treating my hair ("HER HAIR FEELS LIKE HAY! GO FOR HAIR TREATMENT!" declared my mum happily - and it felt really fluffy and soft after the treatment but I think it's back to normal already) and IRONING IT. They claimed I looked much nicer in rebonded hair cause my hair's...

~Virgin Hair~

(untouched by dyes, etc)

And apparently, it looked REALLY BEAUTIFUL~ THEY SAID, "Ni hen mei leh, ni de tou fa zhi hen mei leh" HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHA My mother agreed enthusiastically, while I poked at my flat hair feeling somewhat disgusted and appalled at the same time.

"Next time bring her to rebond her hair lah!"

Huge hint for us to give them money? =X

The hairdresser chopping my hair also refused to layer it nicely like the previous time I cut my hair (THAT OTHER TIME, IT WAS THE OTHER HAIRDRESSER WHO CUT MY HAIR) and said that if I layered too much it'll ALL STICK OUT because my "Hair texture" was too horrible or something. But the other time, it looked okay, and now, after the ironing had washed out of my hair and everything, it looks like this...

I'm not exaggerating. It looks fat, explosive, and cut STRAIGHT (THE BARE MINIMUM OF LAYERING) AT THE BOTTOM SO IT LOOKS 100000x FATTER THAN NORMAL PEOPLE'S HAIR.

Argh.

So to record down my sole ironed-hair-day (Disappears when your hair touches water~), my younger sister and I played around with the camera the night of our fateful haircuts...

It still looks normal, but WAIT TILL YOU SEE...

OHOHOHOHO - I look far-sighted and visionary gazing out of the suffocating, suppressing grilles of my window, my WISE face hidden by a withered bunch of flowers hung upside down ~~~~~ with my head covered in ROD-STRAIGHT STRANDS OF HAIR~~~~~....????!

Sorta ruins the picture. Imagine my hair flowing and beautiful and soft and lovely............ ~ But that'll never happen...... Unless I go for hair treatment everyday. 8D

Ah, I feel rather accomplished, writing a fairly long post despite the huge mountainous pile of NEW and OVERDUE homework waiting for me in my schoolbag. If I'm not wrong, there's about nine sets of work to be completed, and I feel a sudden urge to finish writing my Word Document on "Beauty" (My 3rd compo this year, HAHHHH) because the only thing written on the document is:

Beauty.

And nothing more.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Oh yes, I said I'd feature her. Lynette Goh, my amazingly retarded sitting partner, enjoys TRYING to peeking at my armpits to see if I've shaved, talking about extremely, overly private and personal things, and 'waxing' my eyebrows with a thin strip of masking tape. Today, she plastered one to my left eyebrow and RIPPED IT OFF about a minute later without warning, nearly tearing my skin and peeling off about 10 to 20 eyebrow hairs in the meantime. She didn't know it'd have such a great effect, plucking off so many of my hairs.

She laughed nonstop. -_-

Ridiculous, but hilariously fun and crazy. 8)

Oh let's toss this in for the deal, wonderful wunnerful loooong blog post!



Edward and Bella, in all their glory.


"One could not count the moons that shimmer on her roofs
And the thousand splendid suns that hide behind her walls."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home