OKEH EVERYBODY! I have decided to update. Jing's camp post has just inspired me to post about camp! So here I go. :D I'll post about other stuff tomorrow 'cause this post is very, VERY long.
AND 3HOPE IS THE MOST AWESOME, WONDERFUL CLASS IN THE WORLD! WE SOOOO ROCKED THE ISLAND. I LOVE MY CLASS ALOT MAN!
24th APRIL, THURSDAY! DAY 1.
Reached school at my usual time, decked in a PE shirt and baggy, oversized trackpants. 3Hope was split into 2 groups, EIGHT and NINE, and I was luckily grouped with fats! I was group 8 :D
We met our very pretty, cute instructor, JOLENE, and Group 9's instructor, KELVIN.
After that, we had icebreakers and played tooki tooki and other funny games. Took the bus to Marina Pier, and me and fats kept singing madly in the bus. We also composed the cool Hope song! WHOOHOO.
I was feeling extremely high and happy 'cause camp seemed so exciting. We had to sit in rows to wait, and the lame instructors, Timothy and some other guy, tried to scare us by asking, "DID YOU ALL BRING YOUR PASSPORTS? NEED PASSPORT LEH!"
Apparently the china scholars were tricked and the instructors were highly amused. O_O
After waiting for awhile, we took the ferry there! We kept shouting the "EVERYBODY DANCE NOW" cheer in the ferry, and fats and I were singing crazily still. Whee, fun-ness.
St John's Island looked amazingly pretty. The trees were really nice, lush green, and the waters were turquoise. It was raining when we reached there, so we had to open our ponchos and walk all the way to our isolated dorm, 16A, which seemed to be hanging on the threads of society. :/We were soooooooo far away from everyone! And some gross, fat red ant chewed on my wrist on the way. It left an ant bite-mark on my wrist for a few days ):
Settled down and everything, and had lunch at The Cage. It's a place where we meet up and have meals. And it's called the cage 'cause it looks like one. Like this. HAHAHAH something like it yeah. It was much larger of course, and everyone could fit inside.
HAHAHAHA, SO FUNNY, apparently Chief Veron said the people outside the cage were like ZOOKEEPERS.
AAANDDDD WE LEARNT THE HUNGRY CHEER!
"ST NICKS, AREEEE YOUUUU HUNGRYYYY!?!"
"Hungry hungry! *clap, clap*
Very very! *clap clap*
Hungry very! *clap clap*
Very hungry! *clap clap*
CHIKALAKA, PIYA PIYA!
CHIKALAKA, PIYA PIYA -
JIAAAA!"
The food was actually acceptable, and I gave my veggies to fats since she was being vegetarian. Amanda didn't like those veggies either, so fats ate both our shares 8D
And then went off to play AMUSING RACE, which I suppose is an alteration of AMAZING RACE, ha ha ha. Our group was called TUKI TUKI (after the game!) and GROUP 9 was supposed to be called TONKA but since it was associated with some sex drug, they called themselves TOOT. Then whenever we saw each other, we would point to our heads and say "TUKI TUKI!" and the other group would say "TOOT TOOT!" Hahahahahaa.
Well, our group was amazingly fast at first, but we got really slow in the end. Whenever we had to split into two parts, there was the "SHORT PEOPLE" group and the "TALL PEOPLE GROUP", HAHAHAAH! And the uphill thing where everyone had to sit down on the slope in a row, and hook their feet around the waist of the person in front and push themselves forward by their HANDS ONLY was agonizingly painful and exhausting.
Perspiration trickled into my eyes nonstop and I felt like dying D:
We didn't finish the race of course, but it was really fun and happy. AND THEN WE HAD TO BATHE. WHOOOOOHOOOO (since we were grimy and sweaty and stinky, it was paradise)
The toilet was gross though. 5 cubicles with extremely short walls (Yes, even MY head could peep over it easily, WITHOUT TIP-TOEING, and I'm 1.5m, yo.), only 2 with curtains, and MIRRORS IN FRONT OF EVERY CUBICLE. LIKE EW?!
We had to rush like mad, hahahah. And there were long queues outside the toilets. The water was icy cold, but I guess that's refreshing. Then after bathing, we ate dinner.
It had been raining, so lotsa buggies were inside the Cage, clinging onto the fluorescent lights in disgustingly large numbers. So stupid lah. They get FRIED WHEN THEY HIT THE LIGHTS, and they still love them so much. There were so many, at least one collapsed near me per minute.
They resembled bees, and were gross and humungous and striped and huge, and freaked fats out loads. So everytime I saw a buggy near fats, I grabbed its wings without panicking and calmly threw it out. I guess I learnt not to scream when I see fat bugs :D The chiefs, Mojo and Veron, were super super pissed 'cause everyone kept shrieking and yelling when the fat buggies landed on their hair or on their legs and arms.
Yeah, so we ate, and I was dropping rice everywhere because I was trying so hard to cover my box of food with the plastic cover while eating. Scared that bugs would ram themselves into my food, see. After that, the instructors taught us hilarious songs, and Chief Mojo is a really funny actor. XD The guy instructors are so gay lah! They become SISTERS at night, and act really girly. DAMN FUNNY! Laughed like mad.
THEN, we played Kidnapped! One councillor from each group was kidnapped, and we had to go find them by doing lotsa weird stuff in order to guess a box number that belonged to our group (in the box, there were the keys to unlock the kidnappee's handcuffs). Depended a lot on luck, really. DAWNNIE WAS KIDNAPPED FROM OUR GROUP ): But we found her in the end and happily carried her back to the basketball court. SHE IS SOOOOOO LONGGGGGGGGG XD
Went to sleep in our wonderful dorms after that. We joined 2 double-decker bunk beds together, so Jessalyn, Nicolette and Clarice slept on top, and Nat Chung, Fats, Me and Dawn slept on the bottom. Talked about secret stuff with Dawn, which was damn funny 'cause Jing and Nat tried to eavesdrop and thought I said "BROWN NAKED GUY" and Dawn said a tad too loudly, "MY LOVE HISTORY." HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA. =X
We were really noisy hohohoho. Until we finally fell quiet and slept. And it was really warm at night; I perspired madly ):
DAY 2
Dawn, Nat, Jing, Lynette, Eileen and I were the last people to wake up in the whole dorm HAHAHAHA. Rushed to get ready, and then made our way up to the basketball court where everyone was already ready except us. HOHO.
Did like 80++++++ Buddha claps! Really tiring, and I held hands with Mag while we were supposed to let our arms hang in the air. Holding hands very good to rest yo. :D Had breakfast, SAUSAGE BUN, chocolate cake and soya bean milk. YAYYAYAY FOR SAUSAGE!
Went to prepare campfire item after that. OURS IS AWESOME! Froggy showed us his amazing wavy stomach and his frogginess. HAHAHAAH. And when he stood near me, Vanessa and the others started screaming and dragging me away.
"BUGGY WE MUST RESCUE YOU! FROGGY'S YOUR PREDATOR!"
Froggy widened his eyes incredulously and said, "HOW CAN SHE BE A BUG, SHE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE WINGS. I only eat bugs with wings."
-____-"!
We had played Casualty Challenge after that. Our group was connected to each other by raffia string, and had to carry this enormous dustbin filled to the brim with water all the way to the beach. Ours leaked crazily when we were halfway, so in the end it became really light and we were the FIRST GROUP TO REACH THERE :D
Then we had lunch at The Cage, and I abandoned my veggies again. Disgusting veggies D: And I ate really little 'cause I wasn't hungry at all. AND WE HAD WATER RAFTING NEXT!
We had to join 4 really big floats together (with raffia string again) and float on them into the sea, to get a spoonful of salt from Chief Mojo who was bobbing away there with a bowl of salt. Then we had to rush back and put the spoonful of salt into a cup. Whichever group had the most salt won.
IT WAS SO EXHAUSTING TO KICK! And my shoes were slipping off D: We didn't win of course. Haahaha. But it was rather nice to submerge ourselves in the seawater. There was lots of sand in my shoes, and my pants. Ho ho ho.
Washed up a bit (though I was still sticky with saltwater) and changed my shoes. Wore my bro's puny ones (I actually fit yo!) 'cause my sister took mine to school >_> And we played multi-level captain's ball! Really, really fun. 6 groups played together, so everyone ran after the balls. I managed to score a few times, and scored for TOOT, Group 9, too. :D OHOHOHO!
Killed my knee during my round, because when I saw the softball rolling across the ground with noone chasing after it, I crashed into the floor in desperation and CRAWLED AFTER IT, clawing for it frantically. In the end it rolled out of bounds, and my group laughed at me! XD I was so infuriated that I crawled on the grimy, rough ground for nothing, hahaahha.
Well, my knee was bleeding after that (only noticed when I glanced down). Celine took me to wash my knee, thanks so much yo! And we won because we caught so many flour bags and noone else was snatching from us XD FLOUR BAGS 100POINTS EACH!
Bathed after that. OH HEAVEN, OH PARADISEEE! Prepared for campfire again, and everyone tied two ponytails, INCLUDING KELVIN! Omg, he looked damn cute. HAAAAAAHAAHAHAHA.
Mrs Christina Tan and Miss Jacob tied two ponytails to support us too! WHOOOO!
Weiqing and I abandoned our veggies during dinner (we both have intense loathing for veggies), giving them to fats and Alison. Then we sat around and sang out of tune crazily and became really high. Did lots of random cheers too. HAHAHA
Campfire was so fun! The classes were all really good. XD The sports class instructor COULD BREAKDANCE, SOOOO PRO. I was screaming my head off like mad while he did. And Froggie jumped onto the lamppost behind and clung there happily while he breakdanced. So retarded lah. xD
Then Timothy, Melvin and the breakdance dude did a really hilarious, FAKE magic show which was FREAKING FUNNY. Laughed like mad. "Fake also must act until like real!" whispered the breakdance dude loudly into the microphone. HAHAHAAHA.
Whee, our item was the second last. Refer to Jing's blog for our item, which WAS THE BOMB.
After campfire, we had to reflect. It was really sad. :/ Didn't cry though, even when everyone around me was. Jolene and Kelvin brought our groups to a really isolated, nice place; the beach. You could feel the sea breeze lapping silently against your face, and the smell of the sea. The ants RUINED IT ALL! Wasn't that emotional in the end, but Jolene said she loved us. YAY. (:
Slept in 16A for the last time. SO MANY COCKROACHES FLEW IN! Around 7 or 8. There were tiny ones and huge ones. :/ Timothy came in, and got really enthusiastic about whacking the cockroaches. He grabbed our broomstick and jumped up and down while brandishing it, slamming it into the walls and the floor in his attempt to kill the cockroaches. So funny.
DAY 3
Next day, woke up late and hurried to pack up. Ate breakfast (SAUSAGE BUN AGAIN; EW STALE BREAD, HAHA), and got our gifts for Jolene and Kelvin ready. Jolene's was a soft toy covered with Lynette's bra (we wrote all our names, our school and our group on it :D) and Kelvin's was a family tee (we wrote our names there) and a chicky soft toy. WHICH ACTUALLY SLIGHTLY RESEMBLED HIM. xD
We did area cleaning, and after Weiqing pretended she fainted and was suffering spasms on the ground and we screamed hysterically to catch Kelvin and Jolene's attention, we gave them the gifts. Yeah, they're really nice, funny, lame instructors. Miss them loads now. I miss all the instructors! And St John's Island. :/ Sighhhh.
Best camp ever for me!
3 HOPE IS LOVE. All of us pointing at Kelvin. HAHAHA. He's wearing our family tee, and look at the soft toy in Jolene's lap wearing the sports braaaa ~ XD

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home