Content
To realise that the only person i need is probably you, and that the only person who will completely understand and accept me, is probably you, gives me a strange sense of comfort. Like a shelter I can run to amidst all the thrashing waves in my life. A hidden sanctuary.
You ask the least questions, you probe the least, but that is because you already know the most. I don't even need to say it out explicitly. You already know.
Someone told me today, that you are enough, despite all the insecurities and distrust that lace some of my friendships. If I want more than you, then something is wrong.
I do want more than you. I admit, I am greedy. I want to live in a world where I don't need to worry about who I wanted to be. Where everyone accepted and understood me like you do.
But I thought about it, and well, I don't need everyone. I don't need all my friends to view me that way. I think a comfortable handful is just fine; those I feel uneasy around, I guess it's just not meant to be. It's safer to trust fewer people anyway,
And it is the safest to trust you. There is only one of you. The world would be too perfect if there were more. I think it is meant to be this way, for me, at least, so there is a clear-cut path leading to you. Showing me that yes, this is all I need, you will end up being the only one who can understand and accommodate me for a long time, to stop being greedy and stop comparing friends with other friends
There is no need for me to compare. I don't need to, I only need to compare people with you, because you are the one who matters most. People can be important to other people, and I shouldn't give a damn, because I already have you. Inevitable barriers have been set up within most of my friendships, (i live the furthest, im not in the same combi, same class, different schools) so it is no one's fault some crumble, some buckle under the crashing waves of time and distance. But those that last, those that ring true and make me feel that yes, this is a friendship that means something, this friendship is something i don't feel conscious or afraid about, and truly have faith in and treasure, means that these friendships transcend all boundaries, like how you and I crushed every single one together
I feel peace, suddenly. I hope I will always remind myself of this, that you are all I need, whenever thoughts of neglect/distrust/loss creep into my mind.
I am content.
You ask the least questions, you probe the least, but that is because you already know the most. I don't even need to say it out explicitly. You already know.
Someone told me today, that you are enough, despite all the insecurities and distrust that lace some of my friendships. If I want more than you, then something is wrong.
I do want more than you. I admit, I am greedy. I want to live in a world where I don't need to worry about who I wanted to be. Where everyone accepted and understood me like you do.
But I thought about it, and well, I don't need everyone. I don't need all my friends to view me that way. I think a comfortable handful is just fine; those I feel uneasy around, I guess it's just not meant to be. It's safer to trust fewer people anyway,
And it is the safest to trust you. There is only one of you. The world would be too perfect if there were more. I think it is meant to be this way, for me, at least, so there is a clear-cut path leading to you. Showing me that yes, this is all I need, you will end up being the only one who can understand and accommodate me for a long time, to stop being greedy and stop comparing friends with other friends
There is no need for me to compare. I don't need to, I only need to compare people with you, because you are the one who matters most. People can be important to other people, and I shouldn't give a damn, because I already have you. Inevitable barriers have been set up within most of my friendships, (i live the furthest, im not in the same combi, same class, different schools) so it is no one's fault some crumble, some buckle under the crashing waves of time and distance. But those that last, those that ring true and make me feel that yes, this is a friendship that means something, this friendship is something i don't feel conscious or afraid about, and truly have faith in and treasure, means that these friendships transcend all boundaries, like how you and I crushed every single one together
I feel peace, suddenly. I hope I will always remind myself of this, that you are all I need, whenever thoughts of neglect/distrust/loss creep into my mind.
I am content.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home